There are many options available to promote your web site. It doesn't matter if your web site is brand new, a fresh re-design, or an old site that you just want to remind people is there. Some of your options are:
Traditional / Off-line: Promotions and advertising that is not done online is mostly considered traditional advertising these days. Whenever High Aspirations works with a new client, the question of letting people know a site exists always comes up. The first thing we tell them is that they have to add their URL to every bit of documentation they send out. This includes their letterheads, fax cover sheets, business cards, phone book advertising, etc.
High Aspirations is available to design or update your letterhead, fax cover sheet, order forms, business cards, and any other documentation you may have.
We can also design and handle the mailing of web site announcement postcards or other materials.
Merchandise: If you already have t-shirts and mugs and so on, don't forget to add your URL to those as well. If you don't have any merchandise, a CafePress store is a very inexpensive way to get some. The store is free, you pay cost for your own purchases, and set prices for your customers so you can make some money on each purchase they make. You can either manage the store yourself or have us take that off your plate as well.
Visit High Aspirations, Inc.'s CafePress Store as an example.
Don't forget to have us add your shop's widget to your site. It's size and colors are customizable so we can match your site's design. Here's ours as an example:
Make Custom Gifts at CafePress
Paid On-line: Another type of promotion is paying for ads or to be listed on search engines or other sites. We are more than happy to work with you or manage your online campaign. You can find more information about this in our Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Management section.
Free On-line: Not all online promotion comes with a hefty price tag. There are still free promotion options available out there if you know where to look and utilizing these options greatly reduces your overall web site costs because all you pay is for our time and services. You have several options, some of which are:
- Banner and Link Exchanges: By agreeing to display rotating banners or links on your site, your banner is added to the rotation on other sites.
- Link Partners and Site Category Specific Directory submissions.
- Search Engine Reports: Visit Web Site Maintenance: Regular Maintenance Options for more information.
- Search Engine Submissions: We offer Search Engine Submissions as part of our design and maintenance packages. You can find more information in our Search Engine Submissions and Web Site Maintenance sections.
- Social Media Marketing / Social Networking: Connecting with social sites like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and more has become a new way to increase awareness of your site as well as becoming part of your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) campaign. We can set your site up with it's own official Facebook Fan page just like we've done for ourselves and several other clients. We can also connect your site with your Twitter account. The possibilities are endless and your site will reap the benefits.
- Voting Sites: These are particularly popular for hobby sites. You place voting code or a graphic on your site and when a visitor clicks it, your site gets a vote and climbs higher on the main voting site. The higher your site, the more exposure you get which brings in more visitors.
- Web Rings: WebRing offers paid as well as free networking of web sites that have a common theme by placing navigation code on your site. RingSurf offers the same for free. These are good options for hobby sites as they will bring in visitors from other sites and vice versa. You have no control over the content on those other sites so this option doesn't work well for businesses as you may be connecting to a site that you don't feel is of the same quality as yours or with a direct competitor.
Back to Top ~ Last updated: Thursday, Oct. 31, 2013