High Aspirations, Inc.’s favorite source of search engine optimization information, Jill Whalen, of High Rankings, posted an article to her website in May entitled “5 Rookie SEO Mistakes That Can Kill Your Search Engine Traffic and Some Tools to Help.”
Author Jill Whalen says:
Mistakes. We all make them, and ideally we learn from them. But even the smallest of mistakes on your website can sometimes cause big problems. And big problems with a website can cause lost traffic, money and jobs.
The article includes information and tips to avoid repeating the mistakes she sees most often. What are those mistakes, you wonder? Well, here are the topics Jill discusses:
- Telling the search engines you don’t want them to add your website to their database or follow its links.
- Relying on SEO software to “optimize” your website.
- Improper redirecting of old pages (or sites) to new ones via a 302-redirect instead of a 301-redirect.
- Writing to your CEO instead of your customer.
- Creating a new site on a new domain and leaving the old site up as well.
You can read the entire article on High Rankings.