In the beginning of June, Website Magazine published an article about a study performed by search and social analytics company Searchmetrics. The study details the factors that correlate to ranking high in Google.
The volume of Facebook and Twitter shares that a Web page generates is closely correlated to how high it ranks in Google searches, while too many ads on a page are likely to have a negative effect on search visibility.
The five key findings of the study are:
- Social media’s effect on search.
- Top brands have a ranking advantage.
- Too much advertising hurts rankings.
- Quality of links is vital.
- Keyword domains still attract top results.
Read the entire article at Website Magazine.